University Plaza: a state-of-the-art rehabilitation & nursing center
Offering a quality lifestyle for seniors and boomers, University Plaza Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is the cornerstone of the future University Plaza Aging-in-Place Life Care Community.
Scheduled to open January 2013, this 148 bed center, with private and semi-private rooms, will offer hospital-quality skilled nursing and state-of-the-art rehabilitative services. Restaurant style dining, a wellness gym, hydro therapy pool, computer corner and internet access throughout the building, as well as a beauty salon for hair and nail care are amenities that all patients will enjoy.
Accepting the challenge to create a national showcase “Aging-In-Place” campus in a federal empowerment zone, Plaza Health Network has developed a unique concept for assisting senior citizens of all economic levels, creating a public/not-for-profit “Partnership for Healthy Living” with Miami-Dade County and the University of Miami Center on Aging.
The University Plaza Aging-In-Place Campus will provide a lifestyle with dignity and the ability to age-in-place with quality healthcare in a modern, cozy setting.
The Campus will include:
- Jackson Plaza – a 120-bed Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center with planned assisted living, offering award winning rehab and skilled nursing, a dining room/café, beauty salon and barbershop, adult daycare center, multi-purpose rooms, and a fully equipped gym
- Claude Pepper Towers – a Miami-Dade County HUD Independent Living Facility
- An Alzheimer’s Center – that will include space for family caregivers’ training seminars
- Rehabilitation Pavilion – that will include physical, occupational and speech therapies as well as a therapy pool. Inpatient and outpatient services utilizing state-of-the-art
equipment will be available.
- Reception Center – where families and other visitors will be greeted, given a tour, and participate in a family caregiver support group program
The full continuum of services will include:
- Adult Day Care
- Respite Care
- Home Care
- Educational Classes
- Social Events
- Beauty and Barbershop facilities
- Transportation to shopping, banking and physician appointments
- Hospice and Palliative Care
By integrating health care, social services, and housing programs to bridge the gap between needs and services, at-risk adults and seniors will receive the right services, at the right time, in the right place, with dignity and a quality lifestyle.